Democrat: Term expires January 2017.
Elective Office: State Senate, 1993 to present; House of Representatives, 1985-1992.
Legislative Committees: Ways & Means (ranking member); Human Resources, Mental Health & Housing.
Education: Bachelor of Science, Forest Management, Oregon State University.
Occupation: Business owner, Forester.
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- 2014 – “Silver Crayon Award” Early Learning Action Alliance.
- 2012 – “Legislator of the Year” Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs.
- 2012 – “Award of Appreciation” Child Welfare Advocacy Coalition.
- 2011 – “Superhero for Children’s Environmental Health” Washington Toxics Coalition.
- 2008 – “Legislative Champion” Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs.
- 2008 – “Champion for Children” Children’s Alliance.
- 2008 – Washington State Coalition for the Homeless award for helping combat homelessness in Washington.
- 2007 – Legislator of the Year for Washington State Medical Association.
- 2007 – Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence award.
- 2006 -“Environmental Champion” Washington Conservation Voters.
- 2005 – Legislator of the Year for the Washington Arms Collectors.
Civic Organizations and Activities: Actively involved in the local Christian community, former youth Baseball coach.
Personal: Sen. Hargrove was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. He has lived and worked on the Olympic Peninsula for 37 years. He is married to Laurie Hargrove. They are the proud parents of three children: Jimmy, Jewel, and Daniel. All three of their children graduated from Grays Harbor College.